Dear Visitors:

Please scroll down the page to see present and archive blogs.

Thank you very much: Tramway Null(0)

Webrings - Maps - Trolleys and More

Navigation by WebRing.

Monday, November 12, 2018

El Paso Trolley Opens

Hi Folks:

 I just heard that a small system of PCC restored streetcars opened in El Paso, Texas.  I saw some clips of the trolley restoration and the first day of operation and I am quite impressed.   I believe the shells of the original PCC fleet were stored in the desert and were restored beautifully with all the modern conveniences including air-conditioning.   Even though, of course, I am at home and saw the video, you can "feel" the smooth running of the PCC cars.  Unlike the original system, the new PCC streetcars use pantographs instead of trolley wheel and bow.  They really look cool.   I wish El Paso much success and that more lines could be established.   For  New York City, I would be happy if a stationary exhibit of a streetcar, PCC or not would be available.

Good luck El Paso!
Tramway Null()

No comments:

Post a Comment