Dear Visitors:

Please scroll down the page to see present and archive blogs.

Thank you very much: Tramway Null(0)

Webrings - Maps - Trolleys and More

Navigation by WebRing.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Spatial Distribution of Tramway Stops in Poland with Elevation


In this mapping experiment, I brought in a shapefile that was available on the web dealing with Poland.  In the shapefile that dealt with points of interest, I observed the table and I found that there were items showing tramway stops and names for several cities in Poland.  In ARCGIS, I set the type to "tramway stop" and I got a distribution of points around some selected cities.  When I brought up the map and looked closely at Warszawa and Lodz, not all stops were represented.  Nevertheless, if many tramway stops are available, and they are geocoded properly, one can see the proportion and location of tramway stops to the total surface area of Poland.  I brought also an altitude (elevation) raster file. The red areas are actual tiny points representing tram stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment