Exploring subchat, I came across a posting for "Al Ponte's Time Machine - New York" on Facebook.
Here is a great collection of very good photographs from various sources, many of which I did not see before, particularly concerning our beloved Church Avenue Trolley. The photographs seem to cover the following areas:
- Bronx street scenes some with streetcars.
- Brooklyn street scenes some with streetcars.
- Manhattan street scenes, particularly downtown, Times Square, Columbus Circle, some with trolleys.
- Queens street scenes, particularly showing airports, the 1964 World's Fair, Shea Stadium, Flushing Line, Queensborough Bridge and Astoria.
- Some Staten Island photographs, some showing trolley tracks.
- Stadium construction scenes.
- Subway car pictures, particularly old IRT equipment.
- Some el scenes from Manhattan and the Bronx.
- A series of shots showing the Church Avenue Trolley in Brooklyn, some you saw before, some you did not.
Another undated photo from Al Ponte's Time Machine. This appears to be in the IRT subway based on the IRT style map, which did not show BMT or IRT routes. The map does not include the 6th or 9th Avenue Els, so this had to be after 1940. Notice that the IRT Queensborough subway had two branches: Flushing and Astoria.