October has these transit events in common:
- End of Myrtle Elevated service in downtown Brooklyn (October 4, 1969)
- Introduction of the PCC car in Brooklyn (October, 1936)
- End of the Church Avenue, Church McDonald and Cortelyou Road Trolleybuses (October 31, 1956.
- End of BMT Culver Line service to Coney Island (October, 1954).
- Independent Subway "Prospect Park Line" extended from Bergen Street to Church Avenue on October 7, 1933. Today this section is incorrectly called the "Culver Line" and is served by both F and G trains. The picture below was posted previously and the source may be "Daves Rail Pix". Sorry but I cannot find the source at the moment. The McDonald - Vanderbuilt line got PCC cars around January 11, 1937. In the picture below, a # 50 Mc Donald car is headed southbound to Coney Island and is about to cross the Church Avenue Line #35 between 1951 and 1956. The Church Avenue IND station, now on the F and G routes, is under the street. Notice the frog above the car ( to the right ) for Church Avenue line northeastern turnouts unto Mc Donald Avenue.