Dear Visitors:

Please scroll down the page to see present and archive blogs.

Thank you very much: Tramway Null(0)

Webrings - Maps - Trolleys and More

Navigation by WebRing.

Monday, December 24, 2012

IND Super Express Bypass Line (Route 131-B 8-26-77)

Source:  J. Erlitz, Drawing #IRT-SK12, in "Tech Talk", by Jeffrey Erlitz, In The Bulletin, Vol. 48, No. 2, February, 2005, Page 11.  The drawing is dated 8-26-1977.

  This map was in my archive and I wanted to share it.  In the 1970's, in several planning documents, there were plans to construct this by pass line in Queens using the right of way of the Long Island Railroad.  Since Queens transit is not my forte, I cannot give more details, but I believe the bypass  line which would have involved running in the back yards of houses, was stopped by neighborhood opposition.  I do not believe in Queens rapid transit planning circles if the plans of this line have been revived.

No comments:

Post a Comment